Thursday, February 3, 2011

Random updates

Let's begin with an update on Chris:

Chris is still working with Catholic radio out in the Sacramento area. He works to keep 24 stations on the air in the Western United States. Recently, he and my brother, Kevin, had a beer brewing party which was (to say the least) interesting. We found out through trial and error that we need to purchase a few different pieces of equipment to make this particular kind of beer well. They are hopeful that it will still turn out deliciously satisfying, but plan to make another batch here soon to perfect the blackberry beer recipe they were going for. Did I mention that Kevin doesn't even really like beer? He DOES, however, like brewing it. ;)

The pan below is STILL soaking from the mess that happened on beer making day...

The latest with Laura:
I stay home with Kayla. I have been practicing a bit more with my new camera, which is fun. I have been trying to keep up an exercise routine because my sleep is generally better when I do. I am looking into some part-time options for working, the most recent being online test grading of essays etc. for standardized tests. Could be interesting... Chris and I have also begun a paint-by-number picture together. This was something we originally were going to do while we were dating. We are only just now making it happen. We both do a bit here and there when we have a few moments, but since I'm home more, I generally have more time to work on it.


The latest scoop on Kayla:

She's a doll. She got to play with her little buddy, Maximilian this week several times. His normal baby sitter had surgery, so he spent a few days with us, and Kayla loves him. He is about 9 months younger than she is. Kayla is talking up a storm, though it's still mostly in one syllable utterances. She got another haircut recently. The mullet was just beginning to try a comeback AND since we've been trimming the back, it's coming in thicker, so we are working it. The most fun news for Mom is that she wears bows in her hair for short periods of time. The longest being through her naptime one afternoon!


She continues to be an excellent potty trainer. She still has an accident most days, but most are due to her not being able to pull her own pants down yet. A few were from rebellious acts as well (like going in her pants when I put her in time-out one day)...BUT most days she collects many stickers and fruit snacks and only goes through one pair of big girl underwear. She now wears her underwear when we run errands together, and is able to tell me when she has to go at a store. She is a little champ.


And the update on our small one in the womb:

He/she is doing great from all we can tell. This one definitely likes to kick and punch so that I feel I constantly have a baby body part protruding from my abdomen. The doctor says I'm measuring normally, but I feel BIG. Judge for yourself in the picture below which is 31 weeks. ONLY 31 weeks. We have our boy name chosen, but are still deciding between a few girl options that we like. Last time, we couldn't even agree on one until the end, and this time we can't decide between two that we really like. So weird....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so cute you are Laura! I'm still so proud of you for having such a young (almost)potty-trained little girl! Sounds like you are doing great!
    I think you do look big for 31 weeks! But I think you are having a girl... just guessin...
    you are so little though that its all belly and baby!
    I have no comments for the beer brewing- except I wish I could have beer right now! : )
    Love you!
    -Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!