Thursday, January 5, 2012

E is for Elise!

Thanksgiving and Christmas were huge contributors as to why we have still not moved on to letter "F". I wanted to do our "E for Elise" project, but of course we had to do turkey projects, advent wreaths, and Christmas snowmen during the correct season, so Elise got postponed a little. We finally got around to it just before Christmas, and I finally got around to posting it now.

Kayla has been spouting "E for Elise" for a long time now. She loves her sister and she loves that Elise starts with E. She has a puzzle with the letters and each letter has a picture underneath. When she gets to certain letters though, she pays no attention to the picture and just says what SHE knows the letter starts with. K for Kayla is one and B for Baby. E for Elise is, of course, another example of this, and she gets rather tickled that F for fish comes next.

At any rate, we painted a pretty picture with E for Elise and then I helped add some pictures of Elise.

I also asked Kayla to tell me a little bit about her sister so I could write that down.
Allow me to explain some of these quotes, if I may.

"She's good." If you ask Kayla a question (any question just about) her first response will usually be that it is "good". For instance: 'Kayla, how's your food?' "Good." 'Kayla, how do you like your new book?' "it's good." 'Kayla, how was your nap?' "Good." It's not a fabulous compliment, but at least it's not worse. :)

"She likes to get on me, like climb on me. She goes crazy with Jesus!!"

This quote must have somehow all made sense as one thought in her mind, but I'm not really sure how. Essentially, she is saying that Elise likes to climb on and tackle her and that she is crazy. Maybe she is also inferring that Elise likes Jesus as well? Not really sure.

"She likes to get on 'me's' head and bump it".
Much like the last quote, she is referencing the fact that Elise, does indeed, like to jump on her, crawl on her, and manhandle her in any way possible. My favorite part of the quote is that she says me's instead of my.

"She plays toys with me". This one is quite obvious. There will be no explanation.

I love these two little girls and the way they interact. They love each other a lot.
This picture is great. This must be right after one of those times Elise jumped on Kayla's head because Kayla looked a bit dazed and annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!