1. The highlight (or really the lowpoint) of our week, was Kayla dumping a bottle of nail polish remover on the carpet in her room. To this, she added some sunblock for a stunning effect. Apparently she was trying to do her doll's nails and put "lotion" on her.
Chris was working from home and I was subbing that day. He immediately put cornstarch all over the place to absorb the sunblock. After vacuuming that up and making a huge mess of the vacuum, there was a nice HUGE "bleach" spot on the carpet. When I got home, I looked up how to get nail polish remover out of carpet and found that a mixture of 2 cups warm water to 2 TBSP of dish soap was supposed to do the trip. I spent the next day treating the carpet with that mixture every hour or two. Praise be to God, it has pretty much all come out and the carpet looks like it used to.
(the nail polish remover bottle is sitting on the spot where it was dumped...see you can't even tell!)
2. On Friday night, my grandmother and I went to a murder mystery dinner theater play put on by the local high school. It was very well done and the food was delicious. I was quite impressed. The high school performed Singin in the Rain several years back which was also fantastic. I always forget how much I love a good live play.
3. As a result of the nail polish remover incident, the girls were forced to sleep in the same room during nap time. They sleep in the same room at night and have since Elise was about 3 months old, but the nap was a different story. One or the other would keep the other one awake, so we set up the pack n play in our room for Elise during nap time. BUT because the room reeked of chemicals, Chris had to put both girls in our room (Elise in the pack n play and Kayla in our bed) and they actually both took a nap. I guess they are growing up. Once the carpet was taken care of, we moved them both back to their own room for naps and they are now officially true roommates. So proud of them!
4. Kayla has been very cute with her baby doll recently. Elise got a doll for her birthday that Kayla also likes to take care of (Elise isn't quite interested yet). So Kayla essentially has a set of twins. She is often found cuddling, singing to them, and putting them down for naps. She takes them for walks and "hikes to the lake" and occasionally lets them watch "Francis" (which is what she calls her St. Francis of Assisi movie). It's adorable, really.
5. I went to a Mom's Group down at our parish last week. This is my second time. The first was somewhat promising. The second group meeting was a little disappointing. The subject was to be MARRIAGE. Several moms dominated the conversation with talk of their children and problems they've been having with them at school etc. Don't get me wrong, talking about kids and getting others' viewpoint is great, but the subject was to be MARRIAGE! I left a bit aggravated. It doesn't help that I feel like I have very little in common with any of the women who go to that mom's group.
6. The girls are both very into reading lately. They both will go over to the bookshelf and take out books and just sit and read for awhile. It's quite sweet.
7. Recently Chris has been singing a song with a line "Girl, you got those hands". Honestly, I have no clue what else the song says, but that line gets stuck in our heads and the other day, we heard Kayla singing "Baby, you got those hands!" We burst out laughing. Oh dear...




Cute as always! I love the reading pictures! Kayla seems to read many books at a time!
ReplyDelete