Monday, May 21, 2012

7 Quicktakes- May

1. I am nearly done with a project I have been working on (off and on) for months now. I have messed up many times. I have nearly given up several times. It is no where near perfect, but it looks like I may in fact finish and have a usable dress for Kayla to wear. Elise is supposed to get a matching one...I'm still deciding if I am that brave after my first experience with patterns, zippers, and the like.

2. Chris has been working A LOT the last several months. He finally had time to relax enough this weekend to brew another batch of beer. The house smelled like hops and grains, and all things brewing, and he was happy.

3. Next month is Kayla's long-awaited Ballerina Party. I finally got some tulle so I could work on tutus for Kayla and Elise for the party. This is Elise's. I still have to make Kayla's, which will have light and hot pink, and thus be a little more special. No-sew and only took me about half and hour, maybe 45 minutes.

4. We had our 20-week ultrasound last week. My grandma stayed with Elise (it was nap time) and Kayla came with us to see the baby. She enjoyed seeing the baby move around on the screen. She continues to go back and forth on whether she thinks the baby is a girl or a boy. At the ultrasound she told us she thought it was a boy. But when we ask what she wants, she says a baby sister. She has even told us one day when we asked that we would just wait till the baby came out to see. haha. She's either sick of our questioning or she just isn't sure what to guess anymore. The picture below is terrible, but the baby is completely normal and fine according to the doctor. The scanner just made everything look strange.

5. We are going to be able to make it to both the Bissonnette weddings this summer. All you really need to know is that God worked a miracle for that to happen, so Thank you, God! As a result, I am now figuring out every possible way to make the flights a positive experience for all concerned. Elise is my biggest concern as she is a mobile one year old who's attention span isn't long enough to do much of anything for more than a couple minutes. I have thus begun another project: a felt quiet book. I have high hopes, but we'll see how it turns out. Here is a sneak peek and the beginnings of the Noah's Ark page.

6. Elise has begun to talk a bit more. She now says "Hi" (Ha) and "Bye" (Bah) and waves to go along with her greetings. She also says "More" (Mo) and does the sign language now. She still smiles and tries to climb on everything. Yesterday, she also had her first meeting with the edge of the coffee table. It wasn't pleasant and she has a nice bruise on her forehead.

7. Our car is covered with pollen. Ah, spring! Oh, and it needs to be washed....I guess I better get on that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!