I am working on quiet activities and toys for the girls to use for our Bissonnette Wedding extravaganza this summer. I am mostly worried about plane travel. I have two young children and will be more than halfway through my third pregnancy. With plenty of little activities I know Kayla will be just fine. Elise, is the difficult one here. She is one. She likes to walk and be independent. She has not fallen asleep in someone's arms since she was maybe 5 months old. So, I have been scouring Pinterest looking for anything and everything that will keep one or both of my children occupied during the plane flight. If I can't find enough, I'll start researching the Benadryl option...
The first quiet toy option I found and made into a reality is some popsicle stick linking toys. The only supplies needed are popsicle sticks and velcro with a sticky back. We added some color to the sticks with crayon (it gave Kayla something to do and the sticks look pretty). The person that I copied from on Pinterest had her daughter paint the sticks before applying the velcro, but if Elise gets ahold of them and puts them in her mouth, that would be gross, so we opted for crayon.
I put little circles where the velcro was supposed to go so that Kayla could help me with sticking in on. The basic idea is to put one piece that is soft on one end and one piece that is scratchy on the other end. You turn the stick over and put a scratchy piece on the other side of the soft one and vice versa. If you mess a few up, it's really no big deal. They will stick somehow.
The velcro I had on hand was large squares, so we cut them into fourths and they were perfect.
We colored a little before, and colored more after. These were before the second coating of crayon color. Kayla had fun making "houses" and "hotels" and all sorts of shapes until I put them away with the promise that we'd play with them more on our trip. She is excited.
Obviously these can be used as a quiet church toy as well. That's what the person on Pinterest made them for.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!