Want to know what we have been up to recently?
Reading.
We are pretty limited in the activities that we can do right now. We can't stray too far from home because I am due anytime now. And I can't corral two young children very well on my own due to the fact that I am the size of a whale right now, so we stick pretty close to home. That means we resort to our very favorite of activities A LOT right now.
We read.
We love reading. Kayla has always loved it, and Elise has become more and more interested in the last several months especially. My favorite (which I haven't captured on camera yet) is when she lays on her stomach and reads. When I'm not hugely pregnant, that's generally my preferred position to read a good book. Like mother, like daughter.
Anyway, the girls were given a little tent by the library lady (I volunteer and sing and play kids songs on my guitar so we are the 'regulars'). They love to haul blankets and pillows in there and just read.
I generally read lots of books TO them throughout the day, too, as time allows. And, Chris is never left out either. When he gets home or on the weekends, Kayla is always assailing him with a stack of books asking him to read. She especially loves the funny voices Daddy makes when he reads and the great sound effects he comes up with. Elise, not one to be left out of the fun, is constantly standing on her tiptoes at the end of the couch asking for help "up" so she can read too. The scene below is one of my favorite to behold: My wonderful husband engrossed in a book with his girls.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!