Sunday, February 23, 2014

What I Wore Sunday- Feb. 23 and Scripture Project

This week the girls and I picked new Bible verses to memorize.  There has been a lot of whining going on around here, so we chose some verses we thought might help to remind each of us to be more Christ-like.

The projects were simple.  I just cut out scrap booking paper into pieces and the girls glued it to a piece of white paper.  We used old Christmas cards to add artwork featuring Jesus and Mary and then I wrote out the Bible verses in colored markers of their choice.  And now we are displaying them and working to memorize them together each day.

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly beloved children, and live a life of love just as Christ loved us."

Ephesians 5:1-2



"Do everything without complaining or arguing so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God"

Philippians 2:14-15

Check out some of our other fun Scripture projects in previous posts Scripture gifts for your Children and More Scripture Gifts for your Children (such creative titles, I know.  :)

This week, I have been playing around a lot with navy and green combinations.  I wore the cardi with the belt over top for Mass, with the sweater loose at home afterwards, and without the sweater when the sun began really shining as I made blueberry muffins for brunch.  


The look:

Green cardi: Old Navy
Navy and White polka dot dress: Ross
Chunky white belt: hand-me-down
White sandal heels: Target (Ooooold!!)
Earrings: Color Pop from Jacie's Premier Designs

The girls received a box in the mail from some friends at our old parish in Northern California with some very spring-y clothing items.  Of course they were dying to wear them this week, and I wasn't going to argue.  There  is no such thing as winter here- so the girls wore white sweaters on the way to Mass and by the time we came home, most of them had already peeled off the sweater layer.   Adorable, right?
   

Link up and add your own Sunday style with the ladies over at Finelinenandpurple.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!