Monday, September 29, 2014

Musical Monday: Indescribable +Real Mom Style

             For my Musical Monday selection this week, I chose the song, "Indescribable" by Laura Story.  Chris Tomlin covers it as well and you may have heard his version which is also great, but here's Laura's version.  Incredible worship. Incredible God.          


                  

Additionally, I thought I'd link up with Real Mom Style this week because I decided that 29 weeks is probably a good time to put away certain clothes in my maternity wardrobe, so that the baby belly doesn't stretch them out and they can still be usable for any other pregnancies and post partum.  In the same way that eventually you really can't wear your normal clothes in earlier pregnancy, it is really wise to retire certain pieces right around the third trimester.  I have ruined many a maternity shirt by wearing it all the way through a pregnancy.  And then the next pregnancy (or post partum) everything is hanging off you and not flattering because it is so stretched out.


So....here are some favorite tops that I have been wearing often and in different ways throughout the second trimester, but am retiring from my style line-up until baby arrives and then you might see them pop up again in my post-partum fashion.



             



    





                



I think I may need to do the same with the shorts pictured above soon too, because the belly isn't the only thing that expands in pregnancy; so do your hips!  TMI maybe, but it's a good idea to purchase undies in a size up than you normally wear for this stage of the pregnancy too...  

Have you had a baby?  What were some of your maternity clothes strategies?  

Add your own mommy fashion link over at thatchicmom.com who is hosting this week's Real Mom Style.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!