Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fall in Southern California

Contrary to popular belief, we do have a brief period of leaves changing and lovely "fall-colored" (or at least partially fall-colored) landscapes here in Southern California as well.  The length of the our "leaves changing and falling-period-of-fall" is usually not long because we don't get immense amounts of rain here, and you will see palm trees scattered amidst the various other deciduous trees whose leaves change color and drop, which makes it seem a bit less like the fall scenes you see in other parts of the country, but I appreciate that we get to have this aspect of fall even if it is brief and on a much smaller scale than other parts of the country and world.

It's likely that nothing will ever compare to the glorious fall scenes I experienced in Gaming, Austria (the semester Chris and I studied abroad and met and started dating).  Part of that is probably because those beautiful fall colors scattered across the nearby mountains and hills  surrounding the little town we lived in are interlaced with my memories of that semester and of meeting the man of my dreams.

And currently, every fall is filled with color and excitement for us because we have these three beauties in our life that fill it with life and vitality.  Aren't they lovely with the fall leaves they collected when we visited a nearby park last week?

 

 

1 comment:

  1. When we lived in Northern California, we were mostly required to drive to places like Tahoe and Apple Hill to experience the full beauty of changing leaves and snow. Autumn in the Midwest is absolutely incredible, and I'm grateful to be living in a place where I can experience four seasons exactly where I happen to reside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!