Sunday, April 19, 2015

March and April Quicktake Updates

1. On case you were wondering why I've been a bit scattered AND way behind in my blogging, it's because I am in the middle of the second of two long scoring sessions.  You remember that job I have where I read the (often terrible) high school essays?  Yep, I've been doing that about 30 hours each week for the last couple months in addition to the normal busy going on around here.  Me=crazy with a side of pretty darn tired.  But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (otherwise known as the end of April!)

2.  Chris has plans to brew several batches of beer in the next couple months.  He'd been holding off because we thought/hoped we'd be moving to a place with at least one more bedroom in February....or March...or April...........but God's plan is different and we are rolling with it.  I'm waiting patiently by going through the place and getting rid of a ton of stuff.  I think I got close to 30 bags of stuff out of here during Lent.  Chris is waiting patiently by just going ahead and brewing his beers.  Today he brewed the first of the batches with his new propane burner.  It took a lot less time and it took some of the mess outside.  :)

3.  We have been having lovely temps in the 70's and up into the 80's, so we've been at the beach almost every weekend for some amount of time the last few weeks.  



This was a day at Newport Beach (our first time there) with some friends.  Fun was had by all!


4.  This happened.  Errr, happens a lot.  



Don't ask.  



5. Last month we finally decided to try out essential oils.  Several of my friends use them and talk about how great they are, so we decided to give them a try.  We got to test them out right away because the entire family got sick with every thing under the sun (colds, coughs, runny noses, vomiting, sore throat, gunky eyes....) right before the starter kit arrived on our door step.  The girls love "The Egg" as they refer to the diffuser.  Their favorites are the lemon and citrus oil blends.  Chris is even getting into it, coming up with great blends to diffuse at night in our room after the girls have their turn with "The Egg".  We will probably need another diffuser soon, one for each bedroom.  :)


6. The girls recently helped Auntie Agnes plant her spring garden.  

 


Clearly everyone had a blast.  


7. Sophie has a new trick-- sucking her thumb.  

It's adorable.  Here she is with her godfather (mine too!)


And just because, here is a lovely sunset we saw at my godfather's house recently when they had us over for dinner.  

God, the master artist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!