Friday, April 17, 2015

Uncle Nicholas' Visit- Part 7- San Juan Capistrano Mission

I could get way into the history of the California missions, but this post is already way late (we did all this at the end of January....) so I'm just going to give you some lovely pictures to view and suggest that if you are interested in learning more about the Missions, especially this one, look it up online or better yet, come visit and we can all visit together.

    

    


       



 




        

"Poppies in the spring make the Mission bells ring...."

Every time I look at these pictures that line from Tim and Nicki Bluhm's song "Always Come Back" goes through my head.  


        






    
They are looking at a butterfly




These are the contraptions they give you for the do-it-yourself audio tour.  The girls were fascinated and Kayla especially loved listening and then sharing what new facts she had learned about the Mission whilst listening on her device.  Of course, they all look like they are just talking to their peeps on the phone.  haha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!