Monday, July 11, 2016

My Sunday Best AND a Family Visit

Following our 7 Quicktakes/updates from the past week or two, I figured I better share about my brother's family visiting last week.  They are taking a huge roadtrip all across the country all summer (he's a teacher) and we got to have them for a couple days.  They'll return again for a brief stop on their way back home to CA in August. 

Of course, I am horrible at taking pictures, so I only got a few during the visit...but at least I got those.  

Cousins playing (minus the two smallest)

reading together

Kayla and Lily, just 9 days apart these two. 

Back yard BBQ one night with the Burnett family and my bro's family
Yummy food, great company, and some fireworks in the street. 

My sis (in law) Sara.  Lucy and Sophie are only a month apart in age. 

Such beauties

and not a single one with my brother in it.  What a great sister I am. Anyway it was a fun visit and we can't wait to see them again next month!

And for a quick little share of what I wore yesterday for Mass, I give you 

My Sunday Best


I was wearing a short, brown, fitted cardi at Mass, but it was too hot yesterday to keep that on even for the ride home, so thus the picture is this.  

Black shift dress: Ross
Brown belt: Goodwill
Chunky Aqua Necklace: Premier Designs
Gold flats: not shown, but they are hand-me-downs I wear a lot

Baby bump: 31 weeks + a few days

This being my 5th pregnancy, I have a pretty good sense of what my body is going to do.  Since I'm short in general AND have a short torso, this is the point of my pregnancy where the baby is everywhere.  And I will only continue to grow out from here which usually causes strangers at the store to question whether it's twins.  I don't fault them because at right around the 34-36 week point, I do start just looking enormous.  I know friends who because of their body type have baby bumps that look like mine do at 30 weeks (when they are 40 weeks) and they have kids roughly the same size in the end, but quite honestly I'm always totally fascinated watching my belly grow out and out and out (like Pinocchio's nose, though luckily not for the same reason).  And as I said, it always provokes the twin question, but that question has just never been one that bothered me (I honestly look in the mirror toward the end and wonder the same thing myself) and I have an easy, ready answer that I've given for years now-- "No, we just grow them big".  

And just because...I will let you know that I had a HORRIBLE day on Saturday.  But after some prayer and giving things to God instead (again, again, again!) Sunday was blessed.  Starting with our miracle Mass in which every single child was amazing, even the crazy, busy, never-stops-moving 20 month old.  Praise the Lord and thank you for the GRACE!!!!  We felt it and we are grateful.  

Link up with Rosie at A Blog for my Mom and add your Sunday style.  

4 comments:

  1. What a fun visit! I'm the worst about taking pictures of any special events, too... I always want to experience the moment, but if I don't take pictures NOBODY will!

    And I TOTALLY get the "twins" thing - I tend to grow straight out by the end, as well. So funny how our bodies carry these babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! I'm like that too when I'm pregnant, I just keep growing out. Darn short torso. I've been asked it it was twins...starting at 20 weeks or so haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! People are so funny...but yeah, I just have to laugh because that's just how my body can fit ONE good sized baby. If we ever had twins, I would be so front heavy I'm not sure I'd be able to walk at all. lol

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!