Sunday, August 7, 2016

My Sunday Best: Pretty Darn Pregnant Edition



Happy Sunday, friends!  

I am feeling quite pregnant (read: tired, uncomfortable, large, etc) these days, but I decided that perhaps making a tiny extra effort for Mass this week would help me feel just a little less all those things.  And it worked pretty well.  Dressing up a little can certainly go a long way with your attitude when you are feeling blah.  

So I decided I'd go ahead and link up with Rosie over at A Blog for my Mom.  Share your Sunday best and click over to check out some fun styles from other ladies. 

My Sunday Best:

Blue dress: Pink Blush (see the picture below because I covered it with a maxi skirt)
Navy maxi skirt: nomorerack.com
Brown belt: Ross
Flip Flops: Sanuks

Baby bump: 35 weeks +
This is the actual dress, but with a baby bump, it's a bit too short for my liking currently since I am pretty much always wrangling a kid or two or four.  I AM really excited about wearing it post partum when my tummy isn't so enormous because it's super comfy and stretchy and it has pockets!!  I love dresses with pockets.  And it will be very easy to nurse in.  

Baby has been cooperating pretty well thus far.  He/she is head down and has been for weeks.  At my appointment 2 days ago, the doc's assistant said baby's head is not only down, but is already engaged quite low in my pelvis.  I wasn't surprised.  That is what it feels like: oopf.  

And I don't seem to follow the norm with "pre-labor" in the weeks leading up to birth.  I have few, if any, of what I would call contractions of any sort in the weeks before delivery.  I do usually have quite a bit of fairly intense pelvic pressure though.  I believe our babies warm my body up for their exit by pretty much bouncing like a pogo stick and head butting me repeatedly in that region for about 3-5 weeks.  And then really hard, intense contractions start abruptly, and the kid pretty much flies out.  If that was too graphic for you, be sure NOT to read the actual birth story in a few more weeks.  

We haven't stopped walking as we do in general and definitely as much as we can when I'm preggo.  We saw some really lovely sights on our evening strolls this week....


Chris took all these gorgeous sunset stroll pictures.   

Elise asks me when I get home from every appointment if the baby came out.  Ava is my cheerleader.  She loves to tell me that I look beautiful in my dresses.  Kayla understands the concept of time and months and weeks, so she's got the best handle on things and doesn't say much about baby other than to be excited that it will be arriving in roughly a month!  Sophie responds to the question, "Where's the baby?" by slapping my stomach a bit too hard.  So I think we are getting there.  Eventually.  

14 comments:

  1. You look great! My births are much the same. I never have Braxton Hicks or anything. My last birth was basically nothing to contractions to birth in just over 3 hours. I know what you mean about the baby flying out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! Congrats and keep smiling :)
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to layer a maxi skirt over a dress! I never would have thought of that. Stretch the wardrobe even farther :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! What a good fashion trick with the skirt. I'm looking forward to the rest of the birth story. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alicia! I can't believe it's FINALLY getting so close. It always feels like forever until you finally get to meet baby. :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful picts, Laura! And you look so great- I esp. love the blue with navy outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really liked those two blues paired together as well.

      Delete
  6. Dressing up for me does the same thing. I feel blah and I go through my closet (choose the clothes that fit ha!) and accessorize. Good luck. You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bahaha the description of how your babies are born made me laugh! Mine usually take forever to drop, although Peter dropped pretty early this time around and GOODNESS it was uncomfortable walking around for weeks feeling like the baby was about to fall out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the description. Sometimes you have to just laugh about it because otherwise you focus on the ugh part of it all too much. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!