Last week was a rough one in the Bissonnette house. Horrible colds, stuffy noses and sinuses, snot everywhere, and raspy, yucky coughs. No one ever expects a cold to knock them down, so when it does, it's usually pretty devastating. Especially when there are 5 (6 if you count me) that caught this wonderful bug.
Add to that, that 3 of the girls developed ear infections from the grossness. Ava and Sophie had single ear infections, and Elise had a double!
Add to that, Kolbe is teething. Like majorly.
He has his front two bottom teeth in.
He is working on getting his front middle top teeth fully in (they are about halfway).
He is also just barely popping through with FOUR other teeth.
Yes, he is currently working on 6 different teeth in various stages of coming in and pain and discomfort.
He's not sleeping well. He gags up pain medicine. He's super clingy (when he's tired, which is a lot). Despite all the pain and exhaustion, the little guy is making a valiant effort to smile and be his sweet little self.
All this to say that, although I have lived sleep deprivation for about 8.5 years and counting, this past week was an extreme level of sleep deprivation that I don't often meet. I feel like I manage pretty well on less sleep than my body ideally needs, but it was so hectic this week, that I was literally a mess.
A mess taking care of 5 messes.
And Chris doing his best to help and not get sick himself.
And Chris trying to help out, but getting rejected at every turn by 5 sick little monkeys who ONLY WANTED MOM and didn't feel well enough that they could be reasoned with.
It was awful.
Anyway, all THAT to say, that we didn't really get our hike in this week.
We were able to sneak in a brief WALK to and around the nearby park at the very end of the week.
That's it.
Happy Week 17.
We conquered you anyway.
I took the pictures above
Chris took this picture of the snowmelt rushing over some rocks in the creek bed.
Oh yeah, did I mention it snowed about 8 inches right in the middle of our plague?
Fortunately it's Colorado and it melted again within 2-3 days.
We are so happy to be feeling better and better each day this week! Praise the Lord.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!