Thursday, December 27, 2018

October Visit to SoCal

In early October, I was blessed to sneak in a little visit back to SoCal to see dear friends. 
Jonny and Crystal are Kolbe's godparents.  Jonny plays the piano and Crystal was expecting their first long-awaited baby.  I just loved this little touch in the baby's nursery.  

Isn't their home lovely?  
It was just the retreat I needed for a little weekend away to have fun and relax. 
Crystal and I woke up on Saturday and just relaxed.  We eventually worked together to make a yummy breakfast and we took tea out on their lovely back porch to just chat and catch up and breathe in the loveliness. 

I sure love this beautiful mama-to-be


We went on a lovely walk one afternoon


I met an IG Catholic celebrity (who was also expecting and who happens to be one of Crystal's friends-small world).  @emwilss

And we went to the beach so I could put my feet in the sand and just soak in the wonders of the ocean. 
My goodness, how I miss the ocean. 



We met up with another dear friend for dinner that night (also expecting).  
It was so fun to see these dear friends.  Can't wait for more fun this summer when we (hopefully!) get out there with the whole family.  





The following day I was able to meet up with more wonderful ladies.  Jacinta and Laura were gracious enough to meet me for lunch and hang out at a cute little place. 
I got to meet Jacinta's newest little one. 
I literally have no words for the joy this trip brought me.  It was so good to see friends I haven't seen since we moved to Colorado and to soak up the beautiful California sun and dip my feet into the ocean.  I didn't know how much I truly missed it until I was there, but WOW.  It was incredible. 
Thank you all for making this trip just the most fun and welcome retreat from the daily grind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!