Sunday, January 12, 2020

September CA Trip: SoCal

Last, we headed down to our old stomping grounds in Southern California for a few days.  We stayed at an Airbnb near the ocean and were able to spend tons of time on the beach.  

The first evening we arrived, we headed there right away after dropping off our things.  This was Kolbe's first view of the ocean.  

           
The following day we spend nearly the entire day at the beach.  It was a weekday so it was nearly empty which was divine.  
 

            
The girls all loved splashing in the waves, but (somewhat surpisingly) my wild boy didn't.  He preferred staying closer to Mommy and playing in the sand buidling castles and whatever else his heart fancied.  
He did venture out to fill his buckets, but was so afraid of the water that he usually came back with nearly nothing, so I helped out in the water gathering and sand castle building. 

            


We had dinner with my godfather and his wife (who are also Sophie's godparents).  
Great Filipino food, good conversations, and lots of smiles with these two wonderful people.  

          



One afternoon, we met up with my dear friend Jacinta and her kiddos at a park.  
We used to live 5 minutes from each other and plan park dates with our kids almost weekly (sometimes more!).  I miss those days so much, but it was nice to snatch a little memory of it with our playdate during our visit.  


Chris went to a jazz piano concert with our good friend Jonny and his father in law.  
The kids and I had a movie night back at Jonny and Crystal's place with Crystal and their baby boy, William during the concert.  So good to hang out and catch up.  


More incredible beach time.  

Another friend, Alan, met us at the beach for a couple hours one afternoon, as did Jonny and Crystal and little William.  



At Nick and Steph's house one night, we had a Mexican themed dinner and Chris made the girls yummy drinks.  

Kolbe and William found the trucks

Nick and Stephanie recently bought a new place and it is beautiful!!



Playing Monopoly


Thank you, Nick and Steph, for hosting such a fun night!




I think Sophie took these.  I almost erased them as I went through because they aren't good quality, but they make me smile, so to me, they are good quality.  Sweet moments Sophie caught of Kolbe snuggling after a long day at the beach and a long night hanging with dear friends.  


She also got this great one of Chris in story telling mode.  


We should have snapped a picture of Kolbe with his godparents earlier before he fell asleep, but we made it work.  

The family photos that Steph offered to take turned ok, but we had the same problem.  Tired kids, most especially Kolbe.  




More beach fun!


 

Kolbe looking like a little Christopher wearing Chris' hat and sunglasses.  


I didn't realize just how much I truly miss living near the ocean until we went back.  And we stayed SO close that I could sneak out every morning as the sun was rising and sit by myself in the quiet, listening to nothing but the waves and ocean sounds.  


           

There is no better way to wake up than with the Word of God and the ocean waves.  
 

Thank you, Jesus, for bringing us back for a beautiful visit with family and friends and the incredible and beautiful ocean.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!