March.
Can I just say that 2021 has been a tough year?
BUT,
I don't believe in giving up. It's not in me. I am a very imperfect person. I make a lot of mistakes. Ask my kids. But, I never give up. Not on anyone. So this year was filled with a lot of learning how to look for joy in as many moments as I could find it.
Finding joy in the neighborhood is easy. We have amazing neighbors. Shelley lives across the street. We have Bible studies out on my driveway and sing praise and worship. We got for walks and talk about Jesus and what He's doing in our lives and hearts. And we have Bible study in her house sometimes and she lets Kolbe play with her teenager's old train set.
Sweet Smoky. Isn't he just adorable?
Park fun with more neighbors.
This is our "library park" as the kids call it.
I love Colorado. There can still be snow on the ground and yet, it's a warm, sunny day and the kids are barefoot in shorts.
Ava got a virtue award at school.
We are so proud of you, sweet girl.
You are an amazing kiddo and we are proud of you for working so hard and practicing the virtue of prudence!
Spring is really trying to poke through
That neighbor, Shelley, and I pass a jar back and forth with flowers.
When they die, it's time to grab some flowers for the other person. The discount flowers section brings us both a lot of joy. And it's even more fun getting them from someone else.
Hike with Uncle Nick!
Waterton Canyon, baby!
And games.
Nick is always really good about playing games, even LONG ones.
Walks with Kolbe
We loved seeing the "tiretrack" clouds in the sky that day
Thanks, Jesus, for walking with us to the park and bringing the sunshine.
More crocuses popping up
and more neighbor friendship jar flowers
Chris had a fun idea to buy "Spring break hats"
He got the gals these Mexican lady hats and the boys sombreros.
We had a fun spring break at home just hanging out and being silly
Not really sure what these were. Ninjas?
Look, more flowers! Seriously, I have the best friends
The following pictures were taken by Kolbe. They are not flattering, but I chose to share them anyway because REAL LIFE.
And it's funny.
We gotta laugh at ourselves.
Chris continued re-staining the floor
silly time
We got some really big snows in March
That is the car covered
beautiful snowy sunrises and icicles.
More games.
Clue!
And baking with Kolbe
And more big snows
at the far end you can see our above ground planter box is completely covered.
We went sledding with the neighbors!
God greeted me with many, many lovely sunrises.
And there was a lot of Monopoly that I played with the kids
Kolbe snapping pictures again
Pictures of Sophie reading too
More Spring Break sillies
and yes, we wore the hats out too. I totally wore mine to the store and post office.
spread JOY, friends!
It's worth it.
We went to a few stores just to "window shop". The kids loved it actually. We just literally went to take our time and look at things and bought nothing.
I LOVE this family.
What a great bunch we've got
Easter egg hunt at our friends' church
There was a magician and he had some really fun tricks. The banana/bandanna trick was a hit.
The girls all played spring soccer. It was so much fun!
More flowers
Preparing for the Easter celebration and egg hunt we hosted in our neighborhood.
The kids put on a finger puppet show of the Easter story, I led a few praise and worship songs, and the kids had an egg hunt. It was such a fun time with our neighborhood family.
Kolbe helped me build a shelf.
Our neighbors let us borrow their tool kit.
Kolbe was in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!