Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Big Quiet Book

I finally finished the quiet book that I made with Kayla in mind. Elise will enjoy aspects too, but Kayla is already in love with all of it. I showed it to her today after I finished it, and she told me, "Thank you, Mommy, for my quiet book. It is soooo special." She is too sweet.

Let's begin with her favorite page...the dress-up "Kayla" doll. The doll has a suitcase to hold all her clothes in. Her favorite are the Minnie jammies which happen to be her favorite article of clothing in her own wardrobe (go figure). The ballerina outfit is a close second.






And now to the beginning. The cover is nothing to write home about, but I just wanted something to hold the thing together. I accomplished that.


The first page is a simple shapes and colors match.


Next comes a page to "write" letters. Eventually she will be able to practice her letters and write some words, but for now she just scribbles and makes up "letters" to send in the mailbox on the next page which opens and the flag moves up and down.






Next is the picnic basket with food in it. The corresponding page has a plate setting so you can "eat" your food properly. :)




This page has a tree which you can attach either leaves, blossoms, or apples to with velcro to go through the various seasons.


And then we have a page where Kayla can move the little cars on the road from the house (with a garage to "park" the cars) to the church.


And of course, there is the Noah's Ark page. There are actually two of all the animals. I designed all these finger puppets myself. The farm ones on the next page were copied.


The Barn page. I made the top of the barn extra storage since I made two of ALL the animals (farm animals included) in case Kayla wanted to take the barn yard animals on the ark as well.




And the last page is a number matching game. The petals of the flower are two different colors to teach a simple purple, pink, purple pattern as well.




1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!