You may recognize this as part of yesterday's gospel.
Yes, yes, and yes. LOVE the Lord your God and LOVE your neighbor. Our pastor has been talking a lot about stewardship the last few weeks and giving of our time, talent, and treasure to others, and this was just a perfect gospel for it. When we truly LOVE God, we want to follow in the footsteps of people like Mother Teresa, St. Damien of Molokai, and many others who reached out and cared for the sick, the poor, the dying, the lonely, but also the rich and arrogant--EVERYONE they came in contact with.
And you are also going to get a Sunday style post today, just because.
.jpg)
Nothing special. I wore this dress a few weeks back, but this week I thought I'd add some color pop to make it a little more exciting. For all you that live in parts of the country that are experiencing cooler weather, this maternity outfit is easily switched up by adding pieces like leggings, boots, and a cardigan.
![]() |
| almost 33 weeks! |
As you can see, the photo bomber was not to be denied this week...She's potty training, so she's been living in underwear the past week or so. She photo bombed very modestly, I thought. :)
And because it's now Monday, let's throw some music in for Musical Mondays. Country music is something that I used to listen to often as my brothers all listened to it in high school and so it was what I was subjected to on the way to youth group and other times I rode with them in the car. But when I started dating the hubby, I found out right away that he had a very different view of country music. He's not a fan. At all. He doesn't like the twang or the lyrical tendencies much. During our dating relationship and marriage, he has introduced me to many other types of music, and I genuinely enjoy many of them. It's rare that I even listen to country music anymore, not because I dislike it, but because I just listen to so many other types--mostly classic rock and Christian music these days.
Don't worry, I'm getting to the point. The other day, I was running a few errands by myself one evening, and saw a couple of my old country CDs that I haven't listened to in years in a case in the car. I turned on Brad Paisley, and heard this song which brought back a FLOOD of memories. I loved this song when the hubby and I were dating. So much of it just felt exactly like me. I had even recently purchased my very first car which happened to be a Saturn with a sunroof. And that was just the start of how it felt like every lyric and been written with me in mind.
But I told you that my hubby hates country music right? So of course, I made him listen to the song anyway. Nope he still didn't convert. But on my next birthday, he surprised me by learning the song on guitar and singing it to me. Yep, he loves me.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!