Joining up for 7 Quicktakes Friday with Kelly of This Ain't the Lyceum . Definitely check out the link-up--always so many interesting blogs and tidbits!
1. Pregnancy updates
I'm still pregnant (duh). I'm at 36 weeks.
I am for the first time ever NOT positive for Group Strep B, which means I do NOT have to get antibiotics at the hospital before delivery (which by the way, I never get, because--fast deliveries (or haven't you read some of my birth stories?). Normally we have to stay at the hospital longer and baby has to get checked out a bunch because I've always been group strep b + and I almost never get the antibiotics dosage before baby comes barreling out. This is GREAT news for me. I don't know what made a difference. The changes in my life this pregnancy were that I went gluten free for my thyroid, lowered processed sugar significantly, and I take probiotics regularly. Or it could be totally random that I am negative this time, but whatever the reason, I'll take it!!!
2. Hatchprints SALE!
One of my favorite shops in the world (I LOVE her prints) is having an awesome SALE! From her FB page: "SALE - Buy one, get one! Buy any single print and get any other print of the same size FREE. Sale excludes The Seasonal package and cards. No coupon code needed; please write what print you would like in the notes section at checkout. For example, if you buy five 8x10 prints, write the names of the five extra 8x10 prints you want. Sale ends Saturday, August 13th at 11:59PM Pacific or until supplies run out. Great time to stock up on gifts!"
So definitely go and check out Hatchprints and snag up some lovely prints!
This print in the frame is one of hers that I have by the kitchen sink "God walks amid the pots and pans" - St. Teresa of Avila
3. Hormones
I have been a hot mess this week. The flowers in the picture above are from Chris because I was just on an emotional roller coaster this week. Up and down and up and down.
A dear friend and mentor from my old mom's group also sent me a beautiful card with lovely words of encouragement because she knew that I was having a bit of a rough time recently.
And another wonderful friend here, Megan, brought lovely sunflowers another day when her family came for dinner. It was such a breath of fresh air in my emotional week to hang out with another amazing family and to get a beautiful bunch of sunshine-y flowers. She's having surgery today, by the way, so keep her in your prayers.
4. Baby's arrival guesses
This week we put our official arrival day guesses up on the calendar.
Chris: Sept. 7
Me: Sept. 5
Kayla: Sept. 9 (the due date--she wants baby to be a due date baby like she was)
Elise: Sept. 16
Ava: Sept. 3
Sophie: Sept. 13
And then we just randomly put everyone's names on other surrounding dates to fill the calendar up for the week and a half before and after the due date. Whoever's name is one the actual arrival day gets a prize. Chocolate for Chris and I and if it's one of the kids, they get the first turn holding baby at the hospital.
5. Last Summer Concert in the Park
A park near us has summer concerts and last week was the final one. It was a Frank Sinatra-style cover band and it was really fun to listen to.
concert selfie--minus Chris
6. Fly Me to the Moon
It really was such a nice, relaxing, enjoyable concert. Take a listen.
7. Tumbling Camp
Kayla, Elise, and Ava all attended a little 2-hour tumbling camp together and loved it. There's Elise on the rings.
They all wanted to go again next summer. Or tomorrow. Whichever comes first. ;)






(Laura Dorothy Bissonnette)
ReplyDeleteI actually just purchased some prints from Katrina this morning when I first noticed her sale on Instagram, such a great deal! I love giving these prints away as gifts.
Tumbling Camp looks like fun, very festive considering that it's finally the season for the Olympics.
Yes, her stuff is just lovely. And tumbling camp was definitely fun for all!
DeleteHave to go check out the hatchprints sale! I love the Mother Teresa children/flower quote. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, she has so many lovely quotes and art that just make them come more alive. :)
Delete